Subject: Gradients (Was RE: TRANSPARENCY)
From: [email-masked] (Phil South)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 95 10:16 GMT

In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>

> The trick is to make the grid so big it fills the entire texture. Then if 
> you use a falloff value on the big grid (which technically is no longer a 
> grid but a flat texture color) you can do gradients and stuff.

Just like in the texture "ColorGradient" supplied with Lightwave. I'd like 
to know who found this out, because it's not like you'd DESIGN the grid 
texture to do gradients or anything. :?)

regards

snouty

---
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phil South <[email-masked]>    "So, five card stud,
---------------------------------------     nothing wild, and
     <[email-masked]>              the sky's the limit!"
        <[email-masked]>                      Captain Jean-Luc Picard
        <[email-masked]>
       <[email-masked]>
------------------------------------------------------------------------